Real Estate Manager Job in Kenya
Posted on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, 42 views
Position Title: Real Estate Manager
Location: East Africa, with a primary focus on Kenya
About Bridge International
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model. The company runs a large-scale network of low-cost primary schools in Kenya that significantly outperform other primary schools.
Our schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $5 per child per month, which enable the schools to cover their costs and create a profitable central organization at scale. We have launched 73 schools in Kenya, and will rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students across the continent.
About this position
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world.
A central part of our operations includes the identification, verification and acquisition of plots of land for our schools inside the informal settlements.
The main responsibility of the Real Estate Manager is to motivate their agents to close sales, and develop effective training tracking programs that teach agents how to, negotiate deals, secure viable plots and complete paperwork for the sale. After training, managers set weekly, monthly and yearly monetary goals for the agents to achieve. These goals are tracked through sales meetings that are conducted by the manager.
During the meeting, sales managers discuss whether or not the sales team, as a whole, and individually meeting goals. If the goals are not met, Estate Managers offer advice and motivation. Estate Managers may offer incentives and reward teams that reach their goals.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
· The main responsibility of the real estate manager is to hire, train, motive and hold accountable their agents to close sales. They will also be required to develop effective training programs that teach sales agents how to negotiate land deals, and complete paperwork after the sales.
· The individual will need to have the competency of managing and leading a sales team, coaching, mentoring and driving them to ensure the successful achievement of land acquisition budgets on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
· Supervising sales agent and real estate sales managers individually and as a team to ensure adherence to our policies and procedures
· The individual in this capacity is required to contribute to the provision of quality service through knowledge and background with land pricing and closings
· Success in this position will be dependent upon the individual’s ability to exceed the sales targets set by the Sales Team
· Since the real estate sales team will be one of the first groups introducing a community to Bridge, the Sales Manager will be responsible for insuring that the company’s reputation amongst the community is enhanced and not hurt by the interactions of the team with potential vendors, etc.
· Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
· Working in a team environment with other land consultants, the individual will be expected to demonstrate commitment, loyalty and ability to work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with our organization’s routines, procedures and overall business objectives.
· Act as an intermediary in negotiations between Bridge and sellers, generally representing Bridge International
· Compare properties with similar properties that have recently sold in order to determine their competitive market price.
· Schedule preparation of documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases in coordination with the legal land team
· Coordinate with the legal land team for title searches to determine whether sellers have clear property titles.
· To be in the position to advise Bridge International on market conditions, prices, legal requirements and related matters.
· Develop networks of attorneys/lawyers/agents and contractors to whom we can be referred to.
· Conduct seminars and training sessions for sales agents in order to improve sales techniques.
· Solicit and compile listings of available land and locate and appraise undeveloped areas for building sites, based on evaluations of area market conditions.
· Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or business administration
· 5-7 years of relevant working experience in a similar field
· Possess advanced skills in negotiating, selling and marketing
· Ability to work long hours including weekends
· Passionate about children and education in Africa
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted