Posted on Nov. 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM, 204 views
Main Job purpose
* To ensure systems are in place and adhered by all carriers & service providers to facilitate timely clearing of the bills and release of payments by Shared Services.
* To calculate, compare and circulate various logistics KPIs with trend and gap analysis so that corrective actions can be taken.
* To work closely with the branch Logistic Officers to ensure Distribution Costs are captured and reported correctly at weekly/monthly level to identify the gaps and initiate actions to bridge the same.
* Share the pockets of excellence with in Supply Chain to bring overall improvements.
* To play lead role in preparation of logistics budget & Dynamic Forecast on distribution costs.
* Budgeting and tracking the distribution costs and taking corrective action to optimise fixed and variable distribution costs (FDC & VDC)
* Preparing project plan and managing implementation of secondary distribution projects
* Presenting recommendations for development and improvement in secondary distribution costs, speed, reliability and quality
* Work in close association with branch Logistic Officers in selection and development of the carriers for efficient and safe transportation of goods from DCs to CDs
* Recommendations on the mode of transportation for various sectors(secondary) depending upon the price competitiveness and serviceability
* Ensuring lead time norms and stock deployment strategy for all the sectors
* Ensuring customer service levels are achieved in line with the service level agreements
* Ensuring quality in distribution in secondary distribution
* Recommendations on CD rationalization criteria
* Work with Purchase Team to identify the medium & long term inbound requirements to ensure logistics arrangements are made.
* Ensure timely payment to caries to ensure smooth logistic operations
* Ensure harmony across all DCs for various distribution related expenditure and MH & storage systems by internal & external benchmarking and sharing with the branch Supply Chain Managers.
* Address various theft/ transit damage issues; region-wise/carrier-wise with RCA.
* Liaise with factory DRP/ MH for daily clearance of the factory stock in line with plan & with branch logistics officers for proper clearing/handling at DCs
* Regular performance review of carriers for consistent improvements by identifying the areas of improvement and preparing a carrier specific program for improvement.
* Lead various improvement projects in the area of logistics
* Custodian of all the KPIs of Logistics & Distribution at national & branch-level with complete analysis and action plan for improvement.
* Single window for all the service providers in Logistics to address all payment related queries and resolving pending issues with Shared Services and loctions.
Technical / Functional
* Awareness and functional knowledge in ERP
* Nestle Accounting system
* Analysis skills
* Project management skills
* Data gathering skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Synthesizing data
A university Graduate or an Advanced Diploma in Warehousing and distribution or Material Management
At least 4 years in Sales or Supply chain or logistics or Warehouse management
Qualified candidates should send detailed C.V to email@example.com quoting the position applied for on your Email subject line.